By Eric Tiggeler
Build, increase, and deal with an absolutely functioning, specialist having a look, and feature-rich site with the Joomla! CMS
About This Book
- Build and continue your individual site speedy, simply, and successfully, getting the main out of the totally revised Joomla content material administration system
- Learn the entire precious net construction talents: from organizing your content material to fully altering the positioning design
- Learn by way of doing: keep on with step by step directions on the way to create an instance site that meets real-life requirements
Who This ebook Is For
The Joomla! three Beginner's advisor moment version is the final word consultant for net builders who desire to construct upon their abilities and data on developing web pages. whether you are new to this topic, you will not have any trouble figuring out the transparent and pleasant directions and factors. No previous wisdom of HTML and CSS is required.
What you are going to Learn
- Discover easy methods to create a feature-rich website that is effortless to extend, customise, and continue, with out studying HTML and Cascading kind Sheets (CSS)
- Engage your net viewers and switch them into energetic clients; permit clients to sign in and upload content
- Use templates to get your web site to appear fantastic via tweaking the CSS and customizing templates utilizing your individual brand, fonts, and colors
- Extend Joomla's features via discovering and fitting must-have extensions that completely meet your purposes
- Get to understand how one can elevate your site's visibility for se's, employing SEO (SEO) techniques
Taking complete good thing about all of the new beneficial properties and improvements further to the 2014 unencumber of Joomla three, this sensible consultant begins by way of educating you the way to put in Joomla. After a short travel of the fundamental techniques and the hot positive factors, you are going to construct your first actual web site very quickly through customizing Joomla's default pattern web site to suit you, changing the brand, shades, menus, and content.
You will methods to set up the turning out to be volume of content material utilizing Joomla's versatile procedure of different types and content material tags. within the final couple of chapters, you transcend the fundamentals and may detect how you can extend Joomla's functions. ultimately, you'll achieve wisdom approximately web optimization (SEO), website protection, and multilingual websites. step by step, the Joomla! three Beginner's consultant moment variation teaches you the way to establish, customise, improve, and retain your site utilizing Joomla!
By Adrian Holovaty, Jacob Kaplan-Moss
This newest variation of The Definitive advisor to Django is up-to-date for Django 1.1, and, with the forward–compatibility make sure that Django now presents, should still function the final word educational and reference for this well known framework for future years.
Django, the Python–based corresponding to Ruby’s Rails internet improvement framework, is without doubt one of the preferred themes in net improvement at the present time. Lead developer Jacob Kaplan–Moss and Django writer Adrian Holovaty exhibit you the way they use this framework to create award–winning sites by means of guiding you thru the construction of an internet program equivalent to ChicagoCrime.org.
The Definitive consultant to Django is damaged into 3 elements, with the 1st introducing Django basics equivalent to set up and configuration, and growing the parts that jointly energy a Django–driven website. the second one half delves into the extra subtle gains of Django, together with outputting non–HTML content material corresponding to RSS feeds and PDFs, caching, and consumer administration. The appendixes function an in depth connection with Django’s many configuration suggestions and instructions.
What you’ll learn
- The first half this publication explains intensive how one can construct net purposes utilizing Django together with the fundamentals of dynamic web content, the Django templating approach interacting with databases, and internet varieties.
- The moment half this booklet discusses higher-level innovations resembling caching, safety, and the way to install Django.
- The appendixes shape a reference for the instructions and configurations on hand in Django.
Who this e-book is for
an individual who desires to use the robust Django framework to construct dynamic sites fast and simply.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Django
- Getting begun
- Views and URLconfs
- The Django Admin web site
- Advanced perspectives and URLconfs
- Advanced Templates
- Advanced versions
- Generic perspectives
- Deploying Django
- Generating Non-HTML content material
- Sessions, clients, and Registration
- Integrating with Legacy Databases and purposes
By Clinton Wong
The HyperText move Protocol, or HTTP, is the spine of the area vast internet. HTTP is the language that every net browser (or different internet patron) makes use of to speak with servers all over the world. All internet programmers, directors, and program builders have to be acquainted with HTTP in order to paintings effectively.The HTTP Pocket Reference not just offers an excellent conceptual beginning of HTTP, it additionally serves as a short connection with all of the headers and standing codes that contain an HTTP transaction. The e-book begins with an instructional of HTTP, yet then explains the buyer request and server responses in additional element, and offers an intensive technical clarification of extra complicated gains of HTTP (such as chronic connections and caching).Most humans use the net on a daily basis with no figuring out something approximately HTTP, yet in the event you have to get "beyond the browser," this e-book is where to start.
By Rachel Andrew, Owen Gregory, Nathan Ford
Filenote: PDF retail from EBL. BookBaby have created it via taking their great epub and switched over to PDF + pagination instead of the common appealing PDF imprint
Author note: Owen Gregory (Editor), Nathan Ford (Editor)
In the previous few years we've seen a good breakthrough in what we will in achieving with CSS – net fonts, gradients, shadows and media queries are actually a part of our daily toolkit.
CSS structure itself, although, has moved on little. builders have experimented with utilizing reveal: desk and exhibit: inline-block for format, in an effort to mitigate the constraints of layouts in line with absolute positioning and floats. but, those equipment appear as very similar to hacks as these they struggle to switch, and are available with their very own problems.
The way forward for CSS structure seems to be a ways brighter. during this little publication Rachel covers the various interesting modules which are a part of the CSS3 specification. They promise a destiny the place we will lay out parts to a grid and simply in attaining the targets of equivalent peak columns or spreading content material calmly throughout a web page.
By Jon Orwant
In its first 5 years of lifestyles, The Perl Journal (TPJ) turned the voice of the Perl group. each critical Perl programmer subscribed to it, and each remarkable Perl guru jumped on the chance to write down for it. TPJ defined severe Perl subject matters and proven Perl's software for fields as varied as astronomy, biology, economics, AI, and video games. again concerns have been hoarded, or swapped like buying and selling playing cards. now not in print layout, The Perl Journal is still a proud and undying success of Perl in the course of considered one of its most fun classes of development.
Web, photographs & Perl/Tk is the second one quantity of The better of the Perl Journal, compiled and re-edited by way of the unique editor and writer of The Perl Journal, Jon Orwant. during this sequence, we have now taken the superior (and nonetheless correct) articles released in TPJ over its 5 years of book and immortalized them into 3 volumes.
The 40 articles integrated during this quantity are easily the very best Perl articles ever written at the topics of photos, the net, and Perl/Tk, through the superior Perl authors and coders.
Much of Perl's luck is because of its features for constructing sites; the net part covers renowned subject matters comparable to CGI courses, mod_perl, spidering, HTML parsing, protection, and content material administration. The photographs part is a seize bag of strategies, starting from easy graph new release to ray tracing and real-time video digitizing. The Perl/Tk part indicates you ways to exploit the preferred Perl/Tk toolkit for constructing graphical purposes that paintings on either Unix/Linux and home windows with no unmarried change.
Written by way of twenty-three of the main admired and prolific individuals of the closely-knit Perl group, together with Lincoln Stein, Mark-Jason Dominus, Alligator Descartes, and Dan Brian, this anthology does what no different e-book can, giving special perception into the real-life purposes and robust ideas made attainable via Perl.
By Christopher Schmitt, Kyle Simpson
Each informative recipe comprises pattern code and an in depth dialogue on why and the way the answer works. excellent for intermediate to complicated internet and cellular net builders, this convenient publication permits you to decide on the HTML5 gains that paintings for you—and is helping you test with the rest.
- Test browsers for HTML5 help, and use suggestions for making use of unsupported features
- Discover how HTML5 makes internet shape implementation a lot simpler
- Overcome demanding situations for imposing local audio and video elements
- Learn recommendations for utilizing HTML5 with ARIA accessibility guidelines
- Explore examples that disguise utilizing geolocation information on your applications
- Draw pictures, use transparencies, upload gradients and styles, and extra with Canvas
Meteor is a whole stack software platform that makes it effortless to construct robust, actual time internet apps speedy. Introducing Meteor publications you thru construction most useful internet apps in a fragment of the time utilizing an program platform outfitted for the fashionable net. This ebook takes you from fitting the improvement atmosphere throughout deploying a dwell app, and every little thing in between. Introducing Meteor covers the right way to construct a prototype app in days rather than weeks; the best way to reap the benefits of reactive templates; leverage the masses of shrewdpermanent programs on hand; and hire most sensible practices and keep away from universal error made via newbies. Meteor offers the instruments you want to construct greater apps swifter.
Web apps have come some distance because the Nineteen Nineties, yet they nonetheless require loads of time, really good wisdom and intricate setups. Introducing Meteor exhibits you a greater way.
Discover how effortless it really is to layout killer interfaces and responsive web content with the Bootstrap framework. This useful e-book will get you begun construction pages with Bootstrap’s HTML/CSS-based instruments and layout templates instantly. You’ll additionally the best way to expand your app with interactive beneficial properties, utilizing its suite of jQuery plugins—often with no writing a unmarried line of code.
- Become conversant in Bootstrap’s dossier constitution, grid structures, and box layouts
- Learn HTML components for typography, code, tables, types, buttons, pictures, and icons
- Design interfaces and different net parts, similar to navigation, breadcrumbs, and customized modal windows
- Use jQuery plugins for positive aspects corresponding to revolving slideshows, tabbable interfaces, and dropdown menus
- Modify every thing from column count number to typography colours with the fewer stylesheet language
By Wynn Netherland
Sass and Compass in Action is the definitive consultant to stylesheet authoring utilizing those progressive instruments. Written for either designers and builders, this ebook demonstrates the ability of either Sass and Compass via a chain of examples that handle universal soreness issues linked to conventional stylesheet authoring. The booklet starts with uncomplicated subject matters resembling CSS resets and strikes directly to extra concerned issues similar to grid frameworks and CSS3 seller implementation differences.
About this Book
For 15 years, we have been utilizing CSS to patiently paint the net via hand. not more! Sass and Compass upload scripting and a library of parts to straightforward CSS so that you can simplify stylesheet authoring, automate tedious projects, and upload dynamic styling beneficial properties for your pages. contemplate Sass and Compass as strength instruments that let you paint with extraordinary velocity and precision.
Sass and Compass in Action is a hands-on advisor to stylesheet authoring utilizing those progressive instruments. This sensible booklet exhibits you ways to dispose of universal CSS ache issues and focus on making your pages pop. you are going to commence with easy issues like CSS resets after which growth to extra big demanding situations like development a private stylesheet framework to package deal and reuse your personal methods and opinions.
Purchase of the print booklet incorporates a unfastened book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
- CSS for machine and cellular net apps
- Loaded with examples and reusable techniques
- Authors are Sass and Compass creators and center staff members
About the Authors
Wynn Netherland is a whole stack internet developer who co hosts The Changelog Podcast. Chris Eppstein is the author of Compass and a member of the Sass middle workforce. Brandon Mathis is a passionate specialist net clothier with deep Sass talents. Nathan Weizenbaum is the author and lead developer of Sass.
Table of Contents
- Sass and Compass make stylesheets enjoyable again
- simple Sass syntax
- CSS grids with out the math
- put off the mundane utilizing Compass
- CSS3 with Compass
- From prototype to production
- High-performance stylesheets
- Scripting with Sass
- growing and sharing a Compass extension
PART 1: GETTING conversant in SASS AND COMPASS
PART 2: utilizing SASS AND COMPASS IN PRACTICE
PART three: TUNING FOR PRODUCTION
PART four: complicated SASS AND COMPASS
By Jason Beaird
The rules of lovely website design is the precise booklet for those that can construct web content, yet are searching for the abilities and data to visually improve their sites.
This publication will educate you ways to:
- Understand what makes "good design," from discovery via to implementation
- Use colour successfully, increase colour schemes, and create a palette
- Create enjoyable layouts utilizing grids, the rule of thumb of thirds, and symmetry
- Employ textures: strains, issues, shapes, volumes, and depth
- Apply typography to make usual designs glance great
- Choose, edit, and place powerful imagery
And plenty more...
This easy-to-follow advisor is illustrated with attractive, full-color examples, and should lead you thru the method of constructing nice designs from begin to end.
The 3rd version of this ebook has been enormously revised and now features:
- Updated and improved insurance of cellular and responsive website design (RWD)
- A new pattern project
- New sections on consumer interface and icon design
- Common user-interface styles and resources