By Alex Libby
Over 20 useful, hands-on recipes to encode and reveal video clips within the HTML5 video standard
* Encode and embed video clips into websites utilizing the HTML5 video standard
* post video clips to well known websites, corresponding to YouTube or VideoBin
* supply cross-browser aid for HTML5 video clips and create your individual customized video participant utilizing jQuery
Publishing movies on-line has been round for a couple of years, even supposing has relatively taken off with the arrival of video sharing websites resembling YouTube. the facility of video is very large if performed good; it may possibly current loads of details in a extra visually attractive demeanour than utilizing written textual content and images. performed badly even though – it could possibly current genuine difficulties to the corporate or person webhosting the video, that experience the aptitude to reason a few actual harm!
"HTML5 Video How-To" is a realistic, hands-on advisor that offers you with a few transparent step by step workouts, on the way to assist you make the most of the genuine strength that's in the back of HTML5 video, and provides you a great grounding in utilizing it on your net pages.
This e-book appears on the HTML5 video codecs to be had, and breaks down the secret and confusion that surrounds which structure to exploit. it's going to take you thru a few transparent, functional recipes that can assist you to exploit the recent HTML5 video typical, speedy and painlessly.
You also will the right way to construct your personal video participant utilizing jQuery, or through the use of one of many pre-built libraries to be had. we are going to additionally look at including performance corresponding to lightbox results, or subtitles, in addition to the best way to post video clips to well known web hosting websites, resembling YouTube or VideoBin. as a way to benefit from utilizing the recent HTML5 video structure, then this can be the ebook for you.
You will study every thing you must recognize to transform video clips into the correct structure, in addition to easy methods to exhibit them on your browser or websites, throughout a number of platforms.
What will you research from this ebook
* changing video clips right into a legitimate HTML5 format
* developing playback aid for movies from inside your web content or browser
* Embedding movies utilizing the HTML5 standard
* Publishing movies to renowned web hosting websites, similar to YouTube or VideoBin
* developing fall-back help for older browsers
* aid for cross-browser playback, utilizing a HTML5 polyfill
* construction your individual customized video participant utilizing jQuery
* making a subject matter to be used along with your video player
* including subtitles for your video
* featuring movies utilizing a "lightbox" effect
This booklet takes the How-to sequence method of assist you research most crucial projects via recipes
Who this booklet is written for
This ebook is excellent for builders new to the HTML5 Video common, and who're seeking to get an outstanding grounding in tips on how to use the hot structure. It's assumed that you'll have a few event in HTML and jQuery already, in addition to being acquainted with embedding movies utilizing present "old school" tools, reminiscent of home windows Media participant. Readers are anticipated to have a number of video clips on hand, so as to be used throughout the routines inside this book.
If you must begin utilizing AngularJS for genuine, this can be the booklet you wish. Its down-to-earth functional procedure will quick educate you all you want to learn about dependency injection using this flexible framework.
- Understand the idea that of dependency injection
- Create reusable elements in AngularJS
Dependency injection allows larger checking out through permitting us to mock dependencies in checking out environments in order that we simply try something at a time. It additionally permits us to jot down extra maintainable code through decoupling our items from their implementations. the inducement for utilizing it in AngularJS is to help you transparently load mocked gadgets in tests.
This ebook is a pragmatic guide to get you began on dependency injection. it's going to additionally take you alongside the line to making testable and reusable code. making sure productiveness and balance are the 2 most vital issues that you'll learn.
"Dependency Injection with AngularJS" will introduce you to AngularJS utilizing an easy pattern venture. by way of portraying alternative ways of constructing code modules, it is going to express you some great benefits of dependency injection. this may bring about the facility to create reusable elements that could simply be tested.
You will study every little thing you must know the way to take advantage of dependency injection with AngularJS.
What you are going to study from this book
- Create reusable elements propelled through the independence of elements from every one other
- Run exams on genuine browsers utilizing the Karma attempt runner
- Set up Jasmine BDD testing
- Set up and set up AngularJS
- Change coupled code to loosely coupled injected dependencies
- Create integration assessments utilizing Protractor
- Organize huge functions utilizing dependency injection
This e-book is a pragmatic, hands-on method of utilizing dependency injection and imposing test-driven improvement utilizing AngularJS.
Who this ebook is written for
By Lance James
Phishing uncovered unveils the concepts phishers hire that let them to effectively devote fraudulent acts opposed to the worldwide monetary undefined.
Also highlights the incentive, psychology and criminal features encircling this misleading artwork of exploitation. The exterior hazard overview group will define cutting edge forensic thoughts hired so that it will unveil the identities of those geared up participants, and doesn't hesitate to stay candid concerning the felony issues that make prevention and apprehension so tricky at the present time.
This name offers an in-depth, high-tech view from each side of the taking part in box, and is a true eye-opener for the typical web person, the complex protection engineer, on up throughout the senior govt administration of a bank. this is often the booklet to supply the intelligence essential to remain one step sooner than the enemy, and to effectively hire a pro-active and assured approach opposed to the evolving assaults opposed to e-commerce and its consumers.
* Unveils the strategies phishers hire that allow them to effectively devote fraudulent acts
* deals an in-depth, high-tech view from each side of the taking part in box to this present epidemic
* remain one step sooner than the enemy with all of the most up-to-date info
By Thomas Deuling
Develop net purposes successfully with the Aptana Studio three IDE
- Learn how effortless it truly is to put in Aptana Studio three and tailor it completely in your needs.
- Dive into very important elements with Aptana Studio three reminiscent of workspaces and projects.
- Work with Aptana Studio in a wide disbursed Team.
"Aptana Studio Beginner's advisor" is jam-packed with the author's adventure of a number of years constructing with Aptana Studio. it isn't only a strong advisor, it is a functional, hands-on creation to Aptana Studio as a complete. so that it will harness Aptana Studio to reinforce your web-development productiveness, then learn this book.
You will begin by way of developing your personal deploy of Aptana Studio, and should be guided step by step in the course of the a variety of levels of constructing with Aptana Studio.
You will deal with your entire paintings in workspaces and tasks, and the way you could optimize your tasks looking on the character of the project.
In addition, you can be taught tips to paintings on distant servers or deal with your resource code with Git and SVN.
Finally, you might have an absolutely configured IDE and be outfitted with the information approximately easy methods to paintings and deal with huge web-projects.
What you'll study from this book
- Set up your individual install of Aptana Studio.
- Dive into Aptana Studio and examine all approximately workspaces, views, and projects.
- Manage your resource with Git and SVN.
- Work on PHP-Projects.
Accompanied by means of the lots of instance code and step by step directions, this ebook will strengthen you from a amateur to a professional in no time.
Who this booklet is written for
By Ethan Cerami
As a developer new to net prone, how do you're making experience of this rising framework so that you can begin writing your personal prone at the present time? This concise publication supplies programmers either a concrete creation and a convenient connection with XML internet prone, first by means of explaining the rules of this new breed of allotted prone, after which by way of demonstrating quickly how one can create prone with open-source Java tools.Web providers guarantee that diversified purposes to find one another and trade information seamlessly through the net. for example, courses written in Java and operating on Solaris can locate and phone code written in C# that run on home windows XP, or courses written in Perl that run on Linux, with none crisis in regards to the information of the way that carrier is carried out. a typical set of net prone is on the center of Microsoft's new .NET procedure, solar Microsystems's solar One Platform, and the W3C's XML Protocol job Group.In this publication, writer Ethan Cerami explores 4 key rising technologies:
- XML distant process Calls (XML-RPC)
- SOAP - the basis for many advertisement net companies development
- Universal Discovery, Description and Integration (UDDI)
- Web providers Description Language (WSDL)
For each one of those subject matters, Web prone necessities provides a short evaluate, Java tutorials with pattern code, samples of the XML records underlying the carrier, and factors of freely-available Java APIs. Cerami additionally encompasses a advisor to the present nation of internet providers, tips that could open-source instruments and a complete thesaurus of terms.If you need to holiday during the internet prone hype and locate valuable details on those evolving applied sciences, glance no additional than Web companies necessities.
Construct interactive video games with HTML, DOM, and the CreateJS online game library.
About This Book
Create 8 diversified video games utilizing HTML5
examine crucial video games improvement innovations, equivalent to online game loop, animations, and browser storage
persist with the project-based method of construct video games from begin to end with in-depth motives on online game management
Who This ebook Is For
Whether you're acquainted with the fundamentals of object-oriented programming strategies, are new to HTML video game improvement, or are conversant in simply website design, this project-based publication gets you up and operating very quickly. it is going to educate and encourage you to create nice interactive content material at the Web.
What you'll Learn
Create DOM-based HTML5 games
Use the CreateJS library to construct a canvas-based game
Create varieties of animations which are spritesheet-based, tween-based, and Flash vector-based
shop and cargo continual online game growth in browsers
Convert coordinates among the display and isometric perspective
keep a hierarchy for video game parts to maintain the extensibility of the game
study crucial workflows and instruments to create online game resources easier
This e-book will assist you to create gorgeous cross-browser video games with no the necessity for Flash or different plugins. know about Box2D, DOM parts, the EaselJS framework, and extra, all supplying a origin of information to extend your game-creating abilities. With in-depth factors and step by step directions, you are going to end this publication feeling convinced approximately construction nice video games with HTML. even if you're acquainted with the fundamentals of object-oriented programming options, are new to HTML video game improvement, or are conversant in simply website design, this project-based e-book gets you up and operating very quickly. it's going to educate and encourage you to create nice interactive content material at the Web.
By Kevin Makice
This groundbreaking e-book offers you the talents and assets essential to construct net functions for Twitter. ideal for brand new and informal programmers intrigued by means of the realm of microblogging, Twitter API: Up and Running rigorously explains how each one a part of Twitter's API works, with precise examples that allow you to gather these construction blocks into useful and enjoyable internet functions. you are going to additionally get a whole examine Twitter tradition and learn the way it has encouraged programmers to construct 1000's of instruments and purposes. With this booklet, you will:
- Explore each part of a Twitter program and learn the way the API responds
- Get the Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL code essential to construct your individual functions, with motives of the way those elements work
- Learn from real-world Twitter functions created only for this book
- Discover the main fascinating and beneficial Twitter programs--and get rules for developing your own--with the book's Twitter software directory
Twitter bargains a brand new strategy to connect to humans on the net, and Twitter API: Up and Running takes you correct to the guts of this technology.
"Twitter API: Up and operating is a pleasant, obtainable advent to the Twitter API. Even starting internet builders may have a operating Twitter venture sooner than they are aware of it. take a seat with this for a weekend and you are in your method to Twitter API mastery."--Alex Payne, Twitter API Lead
"Twitter API: Up and working is a truly complete and invaluable resource--any developer will think the urge to code a Twitter-related software correct after completing the book!"--The Lollicode crew, creators of Twitscoop
By Ron Severdia
Why use Joomla? simply because with Joomla you do not need to have any technical services or website design adventure to create powerful web pages and internet apps. even if you are growing your first site or development a multi-function website for a consumer, this ebook presents elementary, hands-on guideline that makes it effortless to benefit this open resource websites administration system.
Written by way of individuals of the Joomla management crew, utilizing Joomla is helping rookies quick study the fundamentals, whereas builders with Joomla adventure will decide up top practices for construction extra refined web pages. you are going to additionally locate greater than a dozen how one can expand the performance of present Joomla-built web pages. begin development with Joomla in minutes!
- Get guidance for making plans, developing, and organizing your content material
- Understand the way to create and use Joomla templates to construct web content speedy
- Explore how parts, modules, and plug-ins can expand your site's performance
- Increase your website score through the use of Joomla top practices
- Use integrated elements reminiscent of banners, information feeds, polls, seek, and internet hyperlinks
- Set up a web shop, calendar, photograph gallery, dialogue discussion board, and extra
- Learn vital defense precautions to protect your site
By Mike Crittenden
If you'd like your Drupal web site to paintings good on smartphones, drugs, and computers, this sensible advisor exhibits you ways to include Responsive website design (RWD) with particular Drupal 7 issues. You’ll how to create appealing, easy-to-navigate layouts for every thing from tiny cellphone monitors to 30-inch computer monitors—all with an analogous codebase.
Ideal for knowledgeable Drupal builders, this e-book takes you thru RWD fundamentals and exhibits you the way to construct websites according to Aurora, Zen, and Omega—three renowned base issues created via Drupal individuals. no matter if you’re making a new web site with RWD or adapting an present one, you’ll the way to develop into a greater, extra effective Drupal themer.
* know how Responsive website design and CSS media queries work
* find out how the Sass stylesheet language and Compass framework help RWD
* undertake a mobile-first method of RWD—and research why it’s important
* Get step by step directions for developing customized subthemes on best of Aurora, Zen, and Omega
* take on universal difficulties while construction and theming responsive Drupal sites
* discover substitute strategies for accommodating cellphone and pill users