By Jeffrey Zeldman
This is often an particular and unique consultant, an clever "how-to" e-book for pros. It lays the basis and creates context via exploring crucial strategies, defines phrases which may be new or unusual, after which strikes ahead with useful software program strategies. the entire whereas it's construction at the current wisdom and adventure of its specialist layout viewers. Taking Your expertise to the internet is predicated at the Populi Curriculum in net Communications layout, built via Jeffrey Zeldman in cooperation with Populi, Inc., (www.populi.com) and the Pratt Institute. The book's objective is to steer conventional artwork administrators and print designers as they extend their current careers to incorporate the hot box website design.
By Chandan Luthra
Monitor, edit, and debug any web content in genuine time with this useful sensible guide
* study whatever new directly! a brief, quick, targeted consultant offering fast results.
* adjust HTML at the fly.
* swap the feel and appear of any element
Instant Firebug Starter is a pragmatic, hands-on advisor that gives you with a few transparent step by step routines that can assist you reap the benefits of the entire energy that Firebug bargains. This e-book offers you an exceptional grounding in utilizing Firebug to debug, repair, and optimize your net pages.
From set up to navigating many of the panels to edit, check up on, and regulate your webpages, this functional advisor might help you thru the wilds of Firebug with no unmarried bite.
This speedy Firebug Starter publications you thru the fundamentals of Firebug and includes years' worthy of wisdom and services. this data has been stripped again to 60 pages of priceless insights, information, tips, and the most recent suggestions that would get you on top of things in no time.
What you'll study from this book
* familiarize yourself with the fundamentals of Firebug's panels and their functions.
* check out, edit and play with HTML sources.
* observe a variety of how one can learn the functionality of your internet program at the browser.
* song XmlHttpRequest and XmlHttpResponse in addition to tracking AJAX calls.
* discover the worth of houses and constants of any DOM object.
* video display, edit, and take away cookies from Firebug.
Get to grips with a brand new know-how, comprehend what it truly is and what it may well do for you, after which get to paintings with crucial positive aspects and projects. this straightforward to appreciate Starter advisor gets you on top of things with Firebug fast and with little attempt. Hands-on and sensible examples let you get a think for the device and get used to utilizing it on a day by day basis.
Who this booklet is written for
If you're simply beginning out with net improvement and looking out to enhance your website with Firebug, then this consultant is for you. when you've got a simple realizing of net improvement then this consultant is straightforward to stick with and should profit your web site no end.
By Jens Meiert, Ingo Helmdach
Standardkonformes Webdesign muss nicht zwangsläufig zu langweiligen Designs führen, sondern ermöglicht durchaus originelle Ideen. Dieses durchgehend vierfarbige e-book bietet Anregungen und Beispiele für CSS-Standard-basierte Designs, die zur eigenen notion studiert werden können, aber auch sofort angewendet und für die eigenen Bedürfnisse angepasst werden können. Das booklet wendet sich an Webdesigner, Autoren und Entwickler, die sich mit den XHTML- und CSS-Standards prinzipiell auskennen und nun auf der "Design-Leiter" ein paar Stufen höher klettern wollen. Die neue Auflage wurde komplett überarbeitet sowie um neue Designs erweitert. "A checklist Apart"-Autor Christian Heilmann hat das Vorwort geschrieben. Die Beispieldateien aller 30 Designs können heruntergeladen und frei verwendet werden.
Developers do not get to spend so much of time wondering layout, yet many secretly want they knew tips on how to make their purposes glance a little bit greater. This e-book takes you on a trip via a website remodel, the place you will study the fundamental thoughts of layout, colour idea, typography, and accessibility. you are going to how one can take a comic strip and rework it right into a electronic mockup in Photoshop, after which eventually right into a operating website. you will see how you can strengthen trademarks, icons, and buttons utilizing Illustrator and Photoshop, after which code an online web page that would load quickly, be effortless to keep up, and such a lot of all, be available to all audiences.
In this entire advisor to making e-commerce web site utilizing personal home page and MySQL, well known writer Larry Ullman walks you thru each step—designing the visible interface, growing the database, offering content material, producing an internet catalog, dealing with the procuring cart, dealing with the order and the check procedure, and satisfying the order—always with protection and most sensible practices emphasised alongside the way in which. no matter if you’re an skilled internet developer, you’re certain to study anything new. The e-book makes use of whole e-commerce web site examples, with numerous good points and ambitions, to give the widest attainable variety of e-commerce eventualities. This absolutely up to date and improved moment variation contains an extra and new fee processing instance, and in addition displays the most recent adjustments in PayPal’s concepts and methodologies. There are new chapters on marketing-related instruments to enhance the location and revenues, on including performance through Ajax, and on enforcing e-commerce performance utilizing OOP rather than procedural code. easy E-Commerce with personal home page and MySQL, moment version teaches you the way to:
- Think of the client first, so that it will maximize revenues and patron satisfaction
- Create a secure server atmosphere and database
- Use safe transactions and stop universal vulnerabilities
- Incorporate various cost gateways
- Design scalable websites which are effortless to maintain
- Build administrative interfaces
- Extend either examples to compare the wishes of your personal sites
By Sam Ruby, Dave Thomas, David Heinemeier Hansson
Rails simply retains on altering. Rails three and Ruby 1.9 convey countless numbers of advancements, together with new APIs and immense functionality improvements. The fourth variation of this award-winning vintage has been reorganized and refocused so it truly is extra necessary than ever sooner than for builders new to Ruby and Rails.
Rails three is an enormous release--the adjustments are not simply incremental, yet structural. So we determined to stick with swimsuit. This ebook is not only a delicate remodeling of the former variation to make it run with the recent Rails. as a substitute, it's an entire refactoring.
you are going to nonetheless locate the Depot instance on the entrance, yet you will additionally locate trying out knitted correct in. long gone are the lengthy reference chapters--that's what the net does top. as a substitute you will discover extra designated info on all of the facets of Rails that you will must be a profitable net developer.
Now up-to-date for Rails 3.2
Rails 3.1 and Rails 3.2 introduce many user-facing adjustments, and this unlock has been up to date to compare the entire newest alterations and new most sensible practices in Rails 3.1 and Rails 3.2. This contains complete help for Ruby 1.9.2 hash syntax; incorporation of the recent Sprockets 2.0 Asset Pipeline, together with SCSS and CoffeeScript; jQuery now being the default; reversible migrations; JSON reaction help; Rack::Cache, and masses more.
Ruby on Rails is helping you produce top quality, beautiful-looking net functions quick. you consider growing the appliance, and Rails looks after the details.
Tens of millions of builders have used this award-winning e-book to benefit Rails. it is a wide, far-reaching educational and reference that is urged through the Rails center staff. if you are new to Rails, you will get step by step advice. if you are an skilled developer, this publication provide you with the great, insider details you need.
Rails has developed through the years, and this e-book has developed besides it. We nonetheless commence with a step by step walkthrough of establishing a true program, and in-depth chapters examine the integrated Rails positive aspects. This variation now supplies new Ruby and Rails clients additional info at the Ruby language and takes extra time to give an explanation for key thoughts all through. top practices on how one can follow Rails proceed to alter, and this version retains up. Examples use cookie sponsored periods, HTTP authentication, and energetic Record-based types, and the e-book focuses all through at the correct technique to use Rails. also, this version now displays Ruby 1.9, a brand new liberate of Ruby with vast useful and function improvements.
Master the instruments and methods of utilizing Squarespace to create expert websites
About This Book
- Use all the Squarespace services to layout, construct, release, and learn your website
- Employ this step by step, method of notice the easiest procedure for construction web content with Squarespace, together with counsel and suggestion in particular for businesses
- Discover find out how to tailor Squarespace templates and features for your company wishes, no matter if it’s a data web site, on-line portfolio, or e-commerce store
Who This e-book Is For
This e-book is perfect for an individual who desires to the way to use the newest model of Squarespace to create an internet site from scratch and take it via to go-live. you don't want any earlier event with Squarespace, HTML or CSS, or construction web content generally as every little thing is completed utilizing Squarespace's basic, browser-based interface.
What you are going to Learn
- Create your web site framework, fill it with content material, and organize your pages utilizing Squarespace's drag and drop structure tools
- Customize your site's feel and appear to check your model, and create lovely visible effect, even on cellular and capsule devices
- Configure the center features your small business wishes resembling sharing to social media, showcasing your paintings, or promoting items and prone online
- Discover time-saving tips and the way to prevent universal pitfalls from an skilled expert with years of Squarespace experience
- Gain beneficial insights approximately website positioning and different e-marketing recommendation past simply the way to construct a website
- Understand the way to computer screen, degree, and deal with your site post-launch
- Develop a necessary web site Toolkit that may act as reference fabric to your complete venture, making sure you remain on the right track to satisfy your objectives
This functional consultant walks you thru a number of the steps considering development an internet site on your company with Squarespace. you are going to how one can use all the instruments supplied via Squarespace to regulate the format, visual appeal, constitution, and services of your web site, ranging from the inception level, all of the option to tracking your website after it's been launched.
This is way greater than only a how-to publication for the Squarespace approach: it really is jam-packed with necessary recommendation to help you increase your website's visibility in se's and tailor your website on your buyers. in addition, it presents dozens of alternative business-oriented the best way to aid your web site stand proud of the group. when you have used Squarespace five or different site builders/CMSes, this publication may help the main changes and educate you ways to do issues in keeping with the hot positive aspects of Squarespace 7.
By Estelle Weyl
Build kickass web pages and purposes for all cellular (and non-mobile) structures by way of including HTML5 and CSS3 in your internet improvement toolkit. With this hands-on e-book, you’ll the way to improve net apps that not just paintings on iOS, Android, Blackberry, and home windows mobile, but additionally practice good and supply stable person experience.
With plenty of code and markup examples, you’ll examine most sensible practices for utilizing HTML5 positive factors, together with new net kinds, SVG, Canvas, localStorage, and similar APIs. You’ll additionally get an in-depth examine CSS3, and notice easy methods to layout apps for giant displays and tiny displays alike.
- Learn HTML5’s components, syntax, and semantics
- Explore HTML5 media APIs for portraits, video, and audio
- Enable your functions to paintings offline, utilizing AppCache, localStorage, and different APIs
- Learn what you want to learn about CSS3 selectors and syntax
- Dive into CSS3 good points akin to a number of backgrounds, gradients, border-images, transitions, transforms, and animations
- Make your net purposes usable, responsive, and accessible.
- Design for functionality, consumer adventure, and reliability on all platforms
By Mario Heiderich, Eduardo Alberto Vela Nava, Gareth Heyes, David Lindsay
Web purposes are used on a daily basis by way of thousands of clients, that's why they're probably the most well known vectors for attackers. Obfuscation of code has allowed hackers to take one assault and create hundreds-if no longer millions-of editions that could steer clear of your security features. Web program Obfuscation takes a glance at universal internet infrastructure and safety controls from an attacker's point of view, permitting the reader to appreciate the shortcomings in their safety platforms. learn how an attacker could skip varieties of safety controls, how those very safety controls introduce new forms of vulnerabilities, and the way to prevent universal pitfalls with the intention to improve your defenses.
- Named a 2011 most sensible Hacking and Pen checking out e-book through InfoSec Reviews
- Looks at defense instruments like IDS/IPS which are frequently the single protection in preserving delicate facts and assets
- Evaluates internet program vulnerabilties from the attacker's point of view and explains how those very structures introduce new sorts of vulnerabilities
- Teaches the best way to safe your facts, together with details on browser quirks, new assaults and syntax tips to upload for your defenses opposed to XSS, SQL injection, and more
By Lucas Carlson
Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) is gaining severe traction between internet and cellular builders, yet as new PaaS companies emerge and present owners improve their positive aspects, it’s difficult to maintain music of what PaaS has to provide. This thorough creation takes you thru the PaaS version from a developer’s perspective, and breaks down the kinds of companies that Google App Engine, home windows Azure, Heroku, Cloud Foundry, and others deliver.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur or a part of a wide company improvement group, this booklet exhibits you ways PaaS may also help concentrate on leading edge functions, instead of spend a while caring approximately technical operations.
- Track the cloud’s evolution from IaaS and DevOps to PaaS
- Learn how PaaS combines the simplicity of shared website hosting with the keep an eye on of devoted hosting
- Explore the advantages of either transportable and non-portable PaaS options
- Apply most sensible practices for relocating legacy apps to PaaS—and comprehend the demanding situations involved
- Write new functions for PaaS from scratch with RESTful meta-services
- Use PaaS to construct cellular apps with backend providers that scale
- Examine the middle prone that every significant supplier presently offers
- Learn the events within which PaaS may not be advantageous