By Estelle Weyl
Build kickass web pages and purposes for all cellular (and non-mobile) structures by way of including HTML5 and CSS3 in your internet improvement toolkit. With this hands-on e-book, you’ll the way to improve net apps that not just paintings on iOS, Android, Blackberry, and home windows mobile, but additionally practice good and supply stable person experience.
With plenty of code and markup examples, you’ll examine most sensible practices for utilizing HTML5 positive factors, together with new net kinds, SVG, Canvas, localStorage, and similar APIs. You’ll additionally get an in-depth examine CSS3, and notice easy methods to layout apps for giant displays and tiny displays alike.
- Learn HTML5’s components, syntax, and semantics
- Explore HTML5 media APIs for portraits, video, and audio
- Enable your functions to paintings offline, utilizing AppCache, localStorage, and different APIs
- Learn what you want to learn about CSS3 selectors and syntax
- Dive into CSS3 good points akin to a number of backgrounds, gradients, border-images, transitions, transforms, and animations
- Make your net purposes usable, responsive, and accessible.
- Design for functionality, consumer adventure, and reliability on all platforms
By Mario Heiderich, Eduardo Alberto Vela Nava, Gareth Heyes, David Lindsay
Web purposes are used on a daily basis by way of thousands of clients, that's why they're probably the most well known vectors for attackers. Obfuscation of code has allowed hackers to take one assault and create hundreds-if no longer millions-of editions that could steer clear of your security features. Web program Obfuscation takes a glance at universal internet infrastructure and safety controls from an attacker's point of view, permitting the reader to appreciate the shortcomings in their safety platforms. learn how an attacker could skip varieties of safety controls, how those very safety controls introduce new forms of vulnerabilities, and the way to prevent universal pitfalls with the intention to improve your defenses.
- Named a 2011 most sensible Hacking and Pen checking out e-book through InfoSec Reviews
- Looks at defense instruments like IDS/IPS which are frequently the single protection in preserving delicate facts and assets
- Evaluates internet program vulnerabilties from the attacker's point of view and explains how those very structures introduce new sorts of vulnerabilities
- Teaches the best way to safe your facts, together with details on browser quirks, new assaults and syntax tips to upload for your defenses opposed to XSS, SQL injection, and more
By Lucas Carlson
Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) is gaining severe traction between internet and cellular builders, yet as new PaaS companies emerge and present owners improve their positive aspects, it’s difficult to maintain music of what PaaS has to provide. This thorough creation takes you thru the PaaS version from a developer’s perspective, and breaks down the kinds of companies that Google App Engine, home windows Azure, Heroku, Cloud Foundry, and others deliver.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur or a part of a wide company improvement group, this booklet exhibits you ways PaaS may also help concentrate on leading edge functions, instead of spend a while caring approximately technical operations.
- Track the cloud’s evolution from IaaS and DevOps to PaaS
- Learn how PaaS combines the simplicity of shared website hosting with the keep an eye on of devoted hosting
- Explore the advantages of either transportable and non-portable PaaS options
- Apply most sensible practices for relocating legacy apps to PaaS—and comprehend the demanding situations involved
- Write new functions for PaaS from scratch with RESTful meta-services
- Use PaaS to construct cellular apps with backend providers that scale
- Examine the middle prone that every significant supplier presently offers
- Learn the events within which PaaS may not be advantageous
By David Powers
What you will learn
- Streamline your workflow with the comparable records toolbar, dwell view, and the Code Navigator
- Bring your pages alive with Ajax widgets from Spry, jQuery, and the Yahoo! person Interface Library
- Use server-side comprises, templates, and Adobe's InContext modifying on-line service
- Create dynamic internet purposes utilizing Dreamweaver's Hypertext Preprocessor server behaviors
- Build genuine global website features, comparable to shape validation, random quote generator, seek functionality, consumer management/login pages, dynamic Ajax gallery, and masses more
- Consume RSS feeds and create Spry information sets
- How to put up your website after you've got created it
Take the shortcut to constructing wealthy net purposes in natural Java. Vaadin makes it effortless and this cookbook makes it more straightforward nonetheless with its useful recipes and easy approach.
- Covers interesting positive aspects corresponding to utilizing drag and n anddrop, growing charts, customized elements, lazy loading, server-push performance, and extra
- Tips for facilitating the advance and checking out of Vaadin applications.
- Enhance your purposes with Spring, Grails, or Roo integration.
It is basically dear and significant to advance wealthy net functions from scratch. Vaadin is an grand framework that includes many ready-made parts for the construction of person interfaces. purposes created in Vaadin have compatibility with the entire most modern models of net browsers. even though the screenshots during this publication are from Chrome, examples may also run on different browsers like Firefox Mozilla, net Explorer, and Opera.
"Vaadin 7 Cookbook" comprises many useful recipes that we have got amassed in the course of the improvement of Vaadin functions. This ebook might help you to take your studying adventure to the subsequent point by means of providing you with many strategies to the typical difficulties confronted in addition to factors. there's much more than that. Vaadin 7 Cookbook is going past the fundamentals and exhibits you ways to construct Vaadin software for real-world scenarios.
"Vaadin 7 Cookbook" starts off with the production of a venture in a variety of instruments and languages then strikes to elements, layouting, occasions, information binding, and customized widgets. Vaadin, including Grails, is a strong instrument for the fast improvement of RIA purposes and this is often defined in a bankruptcy on the way to paintings with GORM, carrier, compiling a widgetset. the standard and balance of the appliance, checking out the Vaadin code, and information administration of Vaadin can be defined in detail.
"Vaadin 7 Cookbook" is concentrated on studying and knowing the way to paintings with Vaadin in addition to checking out Vaadin with different applied sciences resembling Grails .
What you'll research from this book
- Develop a wealthy web program in natural Java language.
- Create a Vaadin undertaking in numerous IDEs and systems.
- Explore the recent Vaadin 7 beneficial properties comparable to Extensions, URI fragments, Converter mechanism, and extra.
- Understand and use types of layouts.
- Use build-in atomic elements corresponding to button, desk, textual content box, and extra.
- Bind version to parts and fetch facts from the database lazily.
- Work with listeners and occasions and increase your net program via including server-push accessories.
- Integrate Vaadin into the Grails framework.
This is a cookbook with easy-to-follow recipes containing useful and unique examples that are all absolutely sponsored up with code, illustrations, and tips.
Who this publication is written for
"Vaadin 7 Cookbook" is for builders who are looking to create wealthy web purposes with Vaadin.
Both rookies to Vaadin and those that have a few event with it's going to locate recipes to extend their operating wisdom of Vaadin..
By Leonard Richardson, Sam Ruby, Mike Amundsen
The recognition of relaxation lately has ended in large progress in almost-RESTful APIs that don't contain a few of the architecture's advantages. With this sensible advisor, you'll examine what it takes to layout usable leisure APIs that evolve through the years.
By targeting strategies that move quite a few domain names, this e-book indicates you ways to create robust and safe purposes, utilizing the instruments designed for the world's so much profitable dispensed computing process: the area extensive Web.
You'll discover the recommendations at the back of relaxation, study diverse innovations for growing hypermedia-based APIs, after which positioned every thing including a step by step advisor to designing a RESTful internet API.
• research API layout ideas, together with the gathering trend and natural hypermedia
• know how hypermedia ties representations jointly right into a coherent API
• become aware of how XMDP and ALPS profile codecs should help meet the internet API "semantic challenge"
• examine with regards to two-dozen standardized hypermedia facts formats
• follow most sensible practices for utilizing HTTP in API implementations
• Create internet APIs with the JSON-LD normal and different the associated information approaches
• comprehend the CoAP protocol for utilizing leisure in embedded systems
Meteor in Action teaches you full-stack net improvement utilizing the Meteor platform. It begins with an summary of a Meteor software, revealing the original nature of Meteor's end-to-end software version. Then you are going to dive into the Blaze templating engine, become aware of Meteor's reactive information resources version, examine easy and complicated routing innovations, and perform dealing with clients, permissions, and roles.
Purchase of the print publication incorporates a unfastened booklet in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Book
Meteor in Action teaches you full-stack net improvement with Meteor. It begins through revealing the original nature of Meteo's end-to-end program version. via real-world eventualities, you will dive into the Blaze templating engine, detect Meteor's reactive info assets version, study routing options, and perform coping with clients, permissions, and roles. ultimately, you are going to how you can installation Meteor in your server and scale efficiently.
- Building your first real-time application
- Using MongoDB and different reactive information sources
- Creating purposes with Iron Router
- Deploying and scaling your applications
About the Reader
About the Authors
Stephan Hochhaus and Manuel Schoebel are veteran internet builders who've labored with Meteor given that its infancy.
Table of Contents
- A higher method to construct apps
- My refrigerator! A reactive game
PART 2 three, 2, 1—IMPACT!
- Working with templates
- Working with data
- Fully reactive editing
- Users, authentications, and permissions
- Exchanging data
- Routing utilizing Iron.Router
- The package deal system
- Advanced server methods
- Building and debugging
- Going into production
PART 1 LOOK—A taking pictures STAR!
PART three LEAVING THE CRATER
By Matt Telles, Julie Meloni
Learn how to create websites speedy and simply with PHP--no earlier programming event required! Hypertext Preprocessor 6 speedy & effortless internet improvement offers a step by step, learn-by-example route to studying via easy-to-understand language and illustrations. not like the verbose text-only chapters present in so much programming books, the quick & effortless internet improvement sort appeals to clients who're new to Hypertext Preprocessor, or to programming often. the 1st 3 chapters are devoted to getting Apache, MySQL, and Hypertext Preprocessor up and operating in your home windows or Linux laptop. You'll be shocked at how basic it's, and the way speedy you'll be operating. From there, you'll how to create multi-part scripts, show dynamic content material, paintings with MySQL databases, limit entry to definite pages of your website utilizing Hypertext Preprocessor, create touch administration platforms, and paintings with XML. After finishing this publication, you have a powerful origin within the fundamentals of Web-based applied sciences and alertness layout, and should be ready to profit extra complicated subject matters and programming equipment.
By Joel Sklar
Joel Sklar has written the definitive textual content for website design, ideas OF website design, 5th variation guiding readers in the course of the complete site production strategy, whereas constructing and adorning your HTML, CSS, and visible layout talents alongside the way in which. Now up to date to incorporate the newest website design applied sciences and developments, this 5th version positive aspects all-new sections on HTML5, CSS3, CSS web page layouts, and more advantageous navigation in addition to technical updates and new display pictures all through. starting with the net layout setting and the foundations of sound website design, readers will proceed to making plans web site format and navigation, and growth to internet typography, colours and photographs, operating with CSS, and extra. Armed with a valuable realizing and lots of hands-on actions, readers will achieve an outstanding starting place of designing winning, standards-based sites which are moveable throughout diversified working platforms, browsers, and internet units. better half web site to be had at no extra price www.joelsklar.com/pwd5.