By Kai Laborenz
CSS oder Cascading variety Sheets ist eine Sprache zum Formatieren von HTML/XHTML-Elementen. CSS trennt den Inhalt von der shape und vereinfacht dem Anwender so die Entwicklung und Aktualisierung seiner Webseiten. CSS hat sich in der Webentwicklung bereits etabliert - dieses Buch hat diese Entwicklung in den vergangenen Jahren dabei begleitet. Die erweiterte Einführung, ausführliche Anleitungen zur Formatierung und Positionierung mit CSS, Praxisbeispiele sowie viele neue Tipps und tips eines echten CSS-Profis bringen jeden Webprogrammmierer in die Lage, browserübergreifende Lösungen zu realisieren. Clou des Buches: Die Browserreferenzkarte.
By Ben Henick
HTML und CSS bilden seit mehr als zehn Jahren das Herzstück des Webdesigns, aber trotz oder gerade wegen ihres stolzen Alters beinhalten diese Technologien auch einige überholungsbedürftige beneficial properties. Autor Ben Henick nimmt in diesem book die beiden grundlegenden Webtechnologien unter die Lupe und stellt einen nützlichen Katalog an Webdesign-Best Practices zusammen. Das Beste an HTML & CSS richtet sich an Webdesigner und –autoren, die mit den Grundlagen von CSS und HTML vertraut sind und die auf der Suche nach konkreten Tipps sind, mit denen sie ihren Arbeitsstil und ihren Code verbessern können. Anhand klassischer Themen des Webdesigns wird Ihnen vermittelt, wie Sie beispielsweise Farben und Schriften, Bilder und Formulare so einsetzen, dass möglichst wenig Reibungsverluste im Hinblick auf verschiedene Browser und Ausgabegeräte entstehen.
By Scott Davis
There is a hidden revolution occurring: geography is relocating from area of interest to the mainstream. information reviews frequently comprise maps and satellite tv for pc pictures. an increasing number of items of apparatus mobile phones, automobiles, desktops now comprise international Positioning approach (GPS) receivers. some of the significant database owners have made geographic facts varieties average of their flagship products.
GIS for net Developers introduces Geographic details structures (GIS) only and demonstrates hands-on makes use of. With this ebook, you will discover renowned web pages like maps.google.com, see the applied sciences they use, and the right way to create your individual. Written with the standard Pragmatic Bookshelf humor and real-world event, GIS for net Developers makes geographic programming innovations available to the typical developer.
This booklet will demystify GIS and assist you make GIS give you the results you want. you will examine the buzzwords and discover how one can geographically-enable your personal purposes. GIS isn't really a essentially tricky area, yet there's a barrier to access end result of the jargon. This publication will provide help to "walk the stroll" and "talk the controversy" of a geographer.
You'll how to locate the colossal quantities of loose geographic info that is available in the market and the way to deliver all of it jointly. even though this information is unfastened, it truly is scattered around the net on quite a few various websites, in a number of incompatible codecs. you will see easy methods to convert it between a number of renowned codecs together with undeniable textual content, ESRI Shapefiles, and Geography Markup Language (GML).
With this booklet in hand, you are going to turn into a true geographic programmer utilizing the Java programming language. you will find lots of operating code examples in Java utilizing a few of the many GIS-oriented functions and APIs. you will be capable to:
By Boris Smus
- Learn internet Audio API, together with audio graphs and the audio nodes
- Provide quickly suggestions to consumer activities via scheduling sounds with the API’s detailed timing model
- Control achieve, quantity, and loudness, and dive into clipping and crossfading
- Generate man made sound results and spatialize sound in 3D space
- Use net Audio API with the Audio tag, getUserMedia, and the web page Visibility API
The very important belongings you have to know:
- Get up to the mark quickly. how you can set up personal home page and MySQL, and get them working on either your laptop and a distant server.
- Gain new techniques. reap the benefits of the all-new bankruptcy on integrating personal home page with HTML internet pages.
- Manage your content. Use the dossier method to entry person info, together with photographs and different binary files.
- Make it dynamic. Create pages that vary with each one new viewing.
- Build a great database. Use MySQL to shop person details and different data.
- Keep your website working. grasp the instruments for solving issues that move wrong.
- Control operations. Create an administrative interface to supervise your site.
By Jamie Munro
There's little need to reinvent the wheel whenever you run right into a challenge with ASP.NET's Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework. This concise cookbook presents recipes that can assist you remedy projects many net builders come upon on a daily basis. every one recipe contains the C# code you wish, besides an entire case in point of ways to enforce the answer. examine functional recommendations for making use of person authentication, delivering speedier web page reloads, validating person facts, filtering seek effects, and plenty of different matters regarding MVC3 development.
These recipes support you:
- Restrict entry to perspectives with password protection
- Allow clients to add and shop a dossier for your website
- Implement AJAX to permit clients to determine up to date content material quickly
- Validate shape enter to make sure the information you trap is what you expect
- Create thumbnails to preview photos instead of view them full-size
- Give your net software the facility to alter languages
- Use CAPTCHA to avoid automatic courses from finishing forms
- Make URLs extra person- and search-engine-friendly with the MapRoute function
By Smashing Magazine
Responsive layout isn't just a brand new process — it's a completely new frame of mind. This e-book, "Responsive Design" (eBook #23), presents an outline on responsive website design, displaying many occasions and strategies within which this technique might be utilized to. Smartphones, drugs, laptops and machine pcs could percentage an identical layout, that is tailored based on reveal measurement, platform and orientation of every device.
Learn approximately content material prototyping, device-agnostic layout procedure, gracefully degrading media queries and navigation styles to accomplish faultless responsiveness. decide on the correct method of a responsive undertaking and stay away from a few universal blunders — it's worthy it!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Responsive website design: What it truly is and the way to exploit It
- revolutionary And Responsive Navigation
- recommendations For Gracefully Degrading Media Queries
- Is There Ever A Justification For Responsive Text?
- the way to Use CSS3 Media Queries To Create A cellular model Of Your Website
- Device-Agnostic method of Responsive net Design
- content material Prototyping In Responsive internet Design
Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle (DRM-free)
Pages: one hundred sixty pages
Released: may well 2012
Publisher: Smashing Media GmbH
By David Powers
This is the 3rd variation of David Powers' highly-respected PHP strategies: Dynamic website design Made Easy. This new version has been up-to-date via David to include adjustments to Hypertext Preprocessor because the moment version and to supply the newest techniques—a vintage advisor modernized for twenty first century personal home page thoughts, suggestions, and top practices.
You have the desire to make your web content extra dynamic through including a suggestions shape, making a inner most sector the place individuals can add photographs which are immediately resized, or maybe storing your entire content material in a database. the matter is, you are not a programmer and the idea of writing code sends a kick back up your backbone. or even you might have dabbled a piece in personal home page and MySQL, yet you cannot get prior child steps. If this describes you, then you have got simply chanced on the fitting e-book. personal home page and the MySQL database are deservedly the preferred mix for growing dynamic web content. they're loose, effortless to take advantage of, and supplied by means of many website hosting businesses of their usual packages.
Unfortunately, so much personal home page books both count on you to be knowledgeable already or strength you to move via unending workouts of little useful price. against this, this e-book provides actual worth straight away via a sequence of functional examples so that you can include without delay into your websites, optimizing functionality and including performance resembling dossier importing, e-mail suggestions types, photograph galleries, content material administration platforms, and lots more and plenty extra. each one answer is created with not just performance in brain, but in addition visible design.
But this ebook does not simply offer a suite of ready-made scripts: each one Hypertext Preprocessor answer builds on what is long past earlier than, instructing you the fundamentals of personal home page and database layout fast and painlessly. by means of the tip of the e-book, you should have the arrogance to begin writing your personal scripts or—if you would like go away that job to others—to adapt current scripts in your personal requisites. correct from the beginning, you are proven how effortless it's to guard your websites via adopting safe coding practices.
What you’ll learn
- Updates to the second one version with the newest Hypertext Preprocessor suggestions for contemporary, dynamic internet design
- Create dynamic web content with layout and value in brain, in addition to functionality
- Understand how personal home page scripts paintings, providing you with self assurance to evolve them for your personal needs
- Bring on-line types to lifestyles, money required fields, and confirm consumer enter is secure to process
- Upload documents and immediately create thumbnails from higher images
- Manage web site content material with a searchable database
Who this publication is for
this can be a "must have" reference e-book for any net developer utilizing personal home page scripting language. while you are new to dynamic website design with personal home page, then David will introduce you to the middle suggestions and techniques for dynamic Hypertext Preprocessor websites, prepared for the twenty first century! in case you have learn both of the sooner versions, then this replace will deliver you the most recent Hypertext Preprocessor options and top practices.
Table of Contents
- What Is PHP—And Why may still I Care?
- Getting able to paintings with PHP
- How to jot down Hypertext Preprocessor Scripts
- Lightening Your Workload with Includes
- Bringing types to Life
- Uploading Files
- Using personal home page to control Files
- Generating Thumbnail Images
- Pages that commemorate: easy Login and Multipage Forms
- Getting began with a Database
- Connecting to to a Database with Hypertext Preprocessor and SQL
- Creating a Dynamic photograph Gallery
- Managing Content
- Formatting textual content and Dates
- Pulling information from a number of Tables
- Managing a number of Database Tables
- Authenticating clients with a Database
By Mark Bell
Construct your self a state of the art website.
It’s particularly easy...and it won’t price you a dime!
You desire a web site. yet you don’t want the hassles that typically elect development one or the rate of hiring another person to do it. Here’s your answer: construct an internet site at no cost! You’ll find out how you should use new internet 2.0 applied sciences to create a website that’s striking and potent. And here’s the easiest half: You’ll do all of it with software program and instruments that won’t fee you a dime!
- Plan, manage, and layout a website that truly works, utilizing instruments you'll find for free
- become aware of the easy secrets and techniques of writing pages humans are looking to read
- Adapt your website for simple viewing on cellular devices
- Use video in your site--and get another individual to pay for website hosting it
- upload an easy-to-update web publication and begin development your personal internet community
- speedy and simply deal with “nuts and bolts” initiatives, from getting your website identify to importing your content
- Get your web site picked up through Google, Yahoo!, and different seek engines
By Lucinda Dykes, Ed Tittel
See how XML works for company wishes and RSS feeds
Create consistency on the internet, or tag your facts for various purposes
Tag -- XML is it! XML tags allow you to percentage your layout in addition to your facts, and this convenient consultant will exhibit you the way. you will soon be utilizing this markup language to create every thing from websites to company kinds, getting to know schemas and DOCTYPES, wandering the Xpath, teaming up XML with workplace 2003, and more.
become aware of how to
* Make details portable
* Use XML with notice 2003
* shop varieties of data
* Convert HTML files to XHTML
* upload CSS to XML
* comprehend and use DTDs